How to Have an Eco-Friendly Wedding!
In celebration of Earth Day, we want to share some tips and tricks to make your wedding day more Ec0-Friendly!
1. Minimize Your Paper Use- Prior to the wedding day, you can opt into using a electronic Save the Date or invitation to notify your guests of your upcoming nuptials. On the wedding day, instead of creating programs, escort cards, and menus for each guest, use
single, large signs that guests can use for reference.
2. Limit Electric Use- Utilize natural light by holding the event outdoors during the day light. When the sun begins to set, opt for mood lighting with the help of soft candle light.
3. Limit Gas Consumption- Hold your ceremony and reception at the same venue, or walking distance from one another, If traveling is necessary, look into car pooling options, or smaller party buses.
4. Something Borrowed or Something Thrifted- Look into vintage or secondhand wedding gown for a unique style. Ask family members and friends who has recently had a wedding to borrow pieces of decor. Check your local thrift stores for deals on decor pieces for an eclectic look.
5. Don't Forget About Food and Drinks- Look into caterers that support local farms and businesses. Avoid using single plastic items for dishware and source bio-degradable pieces instead.
One small change can make a world of a difference!